AEG Logo








|   Professional Printing Equipment and Supplies   |


AEG History

On 19th April 1883, Emil Moritz Rathenau founded “Deutsche Edison-Gesellschaft für angewandte Elektricität” (German Edison Company for Applied Electricity, DEG) in Berlin, to promote the commercial use of the German rights to Thomas Edison’s patented filament light, which had been acquired by Rathenau. In 1887, DEG was renamed “Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft” (AEG) - 'General Electric Company'.

Ever since its foundation in 1887, AEG has pioneered advanced electrical engineering, being synonymous with German engineering, design and precision. AEG stands for outstanding performance, which is why each product or service is developed to be “Perfekt in Form und Funktion”.

The AEG brand offers a full range of products that continue the proud history of the brand. Starting with electric light bulbs, the range of products evolved over the years to include everything from cars, trains, power tools and electronic machines to instruments, nuclear power, microelectronics, motors and now, a new range of professional printing equipment and supplies. In each of these fields, the AEG brand is as attractive and relevant today as it was over 125 years ago.

Perfekt in Form und Funktion is more than a slogan – it is a philosophy.